- Spring Into Fun
- Month of the Military Child
- Scholarships for Spouses
- Army Survey, Coming Soon!
- Mowing Season
- Save the Date
- Submit Work Orders Online
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Come and celebrate spring at the Barnyard Fun Community Event on Friday, April 7th from 4-6pm at the Meuse Forest Community Center. Enjoy a petting zoo, pictures with the bunny, face painting, finger painting, plant a seed, story time, food, games and other activities. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture great memories. We hope to see you there!
April is Military Child month! In 1986, the Department of Defense designated April as Military Child month. This special celebration was established to recognize the important role children play in the Armed Forces community. During this month, we recognize the sacrifices of our military children, and celebrate their strength, courage and resilience. Our youngest heroes serve by adapting to frequent moves, change of schools, parental deployments, and life transitions.
In honor of all the Military Children we share the poem the Dandelion – The Flower of the Military Child.
The Dandelion – The Flower of the Military Child
"The official flower of the military child is the dandelion. Why? The plant puts down roots almost anywhere, and it's almost impossible to destroy. It's an unpretentious plant, yet good looking. It's a survivor in a broad range of climates. Military children bloom everywhere the winds carry them. They are hardy and upright. Their roots are strong, cultivated deeply in the culture of the military, planted swiftly and surely. They're ready to fly in the breezes that take them to new adventures, new lands, and new friends.
Experts say that military children are well-rounded, culturally aware, tolerant, and extremely resilient. Military children have learned from an early age that home is where their hearts are, that a good friend can be found in every corner of the world, and that education doesn't only come from school. They live history. They learn that to survive means to adapt, that the door that closes one chapter of their life opens up to a new and exciting adventure full of new friends and new experiences." ~ Author Unknown
Apply now! Spouses of active-duty service members are eligible to apply for $5,000 Scholarships for college. Applications are due May 4 and are available at corviasfoundation.org.
We want to hear from you! Keep an eye out on May 4th for an e-mail from ARMYHousingSurvey@celassociates.com containing a link to your 2017 Army Survey. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. This survey will be administered through a third party, CEL & Associates, Inc. (CEL). The survey results are confidential, so please express your true opinions and thoughts. All residents who complete the survey will have a chance to enter to win a weekly drawing for prizes like a $250 gift card, Amazon Alexa and $50 Amazon gift card, and an Xbox 1S. The grand prize winner will receive one month FREE rent.
Spring has sprung and the grass is growing! That means our lawn care providers will be starting their mowing schedules. We are pleased to announce that Munie Greencare Professional is our new lawn care provider. They are known for their exceptional service. The lawn care provided is a basic cut and trim to keep the neighborhoods looking well-kept. In order to provide the best possible service to our resident, we are asking that you remember to do the following on your scheduled mowing day. More information on the lawn care schedule will be provided.
- Pets– secure your pets in your home or in a kennel. Please remove any chains and ground anchor stakes. They are a safety issue when not visible through the grass.
- Pet waste– please remove all pet waste
- Children’s toys– please remove all toys on the lawn
- Lawn furniture or decorations– store all non-fixed furniture and décor
- Decorative solar lights– please remove if possible. Most solar lights are very fragile and can be easily damaged by weed eaters.
- Garden Hoses– please remove from the lawn to avoid damage
We have two great upcoming events for Corvias residents in the month of May. Information and details will be posted to our Facebook page.
- May 6th – Community Wide Yard Sale
- May 12th – Military Spouse Appreciation Day
Did you know you can submit work requests online? Corvias offers an online work order submission for routine work orders. Always call your community office immediately if your work order is an emergency.
80 to 90 percent of energy used to wash clothes is used to heat the water. To save energy, consider washing your clothes in cold water.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
- April 1st – Brunch with the Easter Bunny at Club Meade
- April 7th – Spring Into Fun; 4-6pm Meuse Forest Community Center
- April 8th – Spring Into Fitness Aerobathon 10am-1pm at Murphy Field House
- April 15th – NYC Trip; Leisure Travel Services
- April 16th – Happy Easter
- April 18th – Tax Deadline
- April 20th – Fort Meade Earth Day Celebration; 10am-2pm Pavilion
- April 26th – Military Spouse Job Fair 9am-noon at McGill