- Victory Garden
- Complete Your College Degree
- Tips for a Smooth Move Out
- Securing Outdoor Items
- Spring Forward: Daylight saving time to begin
- Spring Cleaning
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Residents with garden plots at the Victory Garden must remove ALL items immediately. Items that are not removed will be discarded so that the garden can be tilled. In addition, we are looking for a Victory Coordinator to oversee the garden and be the point of contact for residents interested in securing a plot. If you are interested or have questions, please contact the Heritage Park Community Office at (410) 672-2000.
Are you a military spouse with dreams of completing your college degree? Visit corviasfoundation.org for more information and to apply for a $5,000 Scholarship.
Getting ready to PCS? Deploy? Retire? Make sure to stop by the Community Office to provide a 30-day notice, along with a copy of your orders.
Ensure you have a smooth transition by following these steps once you are ready to move:
- Complete a Notice to Vacate Form and schedule a final inspection at least 30 days prior to move out with your Community Office
- Attend a Move-Out Session Briefing with your Community Office
- All personal items should be removed from the home and the home should be left surface clean
If you have any questions about the move-out process, please stop by or call the Community Office and we’ll walk you through it.
This season we have experienced high winds at times. To avoid damage or injury, please properly secure outdoor items such as furniture, trampolines and trashcans.
Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. on March 12. Set all clocks forward one hour. It is also a good time to test smoke detectors. If alarm does not sound, contact your Community Office immediately.
Spring cleaning is an annual ritual for many people. It is an ideal time to check our homes and yards for dangerous materials and unsafe conditions and to spend the time to protect our families and our property.
For a safer home, add these chores to your annual spring cleaning list:
- Check your house for any stored papers, magazines, or any other combustible materials you don’t need. Pay special attention to areas around your furnace, hot water heater, fire place and clothes dryer. Keep the area under your stairs clear of combustibles as well.
- Check your clothes dryer for proper venting- make sure vent flap operates properly and vent pipe is not restricted. Always use a lint filter, and make sure the lint filter is cleaned after every load of laundry.
- Properly discard any toxic or flammable materials you no longer need. Never mix any flammable or toxic materials together. Place the remaining materials up high and out of children’s reach. Make sure that any paint or any other flammable materials is not stored near a heat source. Do not throw any rags that are soaked with flammables in the garbage.
- Keep yards cleared of leaves, debris, and other combustible rubbish.
- Make sure you clean your BBQ grill and check for leaks, breaks, and other wear and tear. Make sure that you never store propane inside your home or garage.
- While using your grill make sure it’s away from your home and not under an overhang and used only outdoors
- Check smoke detectors and change the battery if necessary. Check fire extinguisher for proper type and placement. Make and practice a fire escape plan now and involve everyone in the home.
In addition, for your convenience, large dumpsters are available at our warehouse building 3000 on Ernie Pyle. This is a great place to dispose of items during spring cleaning and move outs.
Open draperies and blinds to allow warm sunlight to enter in daylight hours. Close draperies and blinds at night to maintain heat.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
- March 12th - Daylight Savings
- March 16th – Right Arm Night; 4pm-6pm at Club Meade
- March 17th - Saint Patrick’s Day
- March 18th – New York City Trip
- March 20th – Spring Equinox; First Day of Spring!
- March 22 – Technical Job Fair; 9am-2pm at Club Meade
- March 31st – Latin Night; 7pm-midnignt at Club Meade