- BINGO – Resident Event
- Autumn - Halloween decorating contest
- Community Reminders
- Preventative Maintenance
- Stay Connected
- Corvias Foundation Announces Military Spouse Recipients of $100,000 in Educational Grant Awards
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
We are excited to announce that our popular BINGO event has returned. This event will be held at the Potomac Place Community Center on Friday, October 21st with both a morning session at 10am and an evening session at 6pm. A limit of one ticket per household is allotted, and you must be at least 18 years to play. Be sure to pick-up your free ticket from your Community Office in advance. Tickets will be distributed starting at 9am on Monday, October 17th. Ten outstanding prizes will be given away to include a flat screen TV, Southwest gift card, a spa day and the new X-Box gaming system. We anticipate that we will have a full house!
Corvias invites all residents in family housing to participate in an Autumn-Halloween Decorating Contest. To be considered for the contest, please have your home decorated by Monday, October 24th. Three homes in each community will be nominated. Winners will receive a gift card based on the creativity and overall impression of their yard. Don’t forget to turn on the lights and plug in decorations.
Judging and Rules:
- Judging will be conducted by Friday, October 28th. Photos of the top 3 yards for each community will be posted on our Facebook page.
- The yard with the most “likes” will win. If you would like to nominate a yard, you can do so by emailing a photo to the Community Office.
There are a few friendly reminders that we ask you keep in mind before you begin decorating:
- Please make sure all decorations placed on the home are done so in a safe manner. Take every precaution to ensure none of the decorations pose a fire threat to you or your neighbor’s home. All decorations placed in or around the home must have the Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc. (UL) approval.
- No decoration should be placed on the roof of your home. Many times the nails, along with the extra weight of the decorations, can cause damage to the roof resulting in leaks. If you are hanging outdoor lights, please use approved plastic clips to attach the lights to the roof line.
- Due to the climate in Maryland, our lawn care provider will continue services throughout most of October. Please make sure any holiday yard decorations are removed on your designated lawn care day. The decorations can be placed back in the yard once your yard has been mowed.
- Finally, all decorations should be removed from the exterior of the homes within two weeks after the holiday. This provides everyone ample time to take down their decorations and store them.
If you have any questions regarding the policy on decorations please refer to your Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG).
- Pets - For your convenience, pet bag stations have been placed throughout the community. Please make sure to clean up after your pet and dispose of pet waste in the proper receptacle. Bags should not be left on the ground at the bag stations.
- Trash Cans – As a reminder, on trash pickup day, trash containers must be cleared from the curb area no later than 6pm.
- Speed - Remember to watch your speed and be aware of children when driving in the housing areas.
Can you believe it’s time for our Fall 2016 Preventative Maintenance program? Our maintenance team will perform our semi-annual preventive maintenance in your home to get ready for the winter weather.
This mandatory safety measure will consist of the following:
- Test smoke detectors and replace batteries if necessary
- Inspect fire extinguisher and replace if necessary
- Replace air filter
- Shut off hose bibs
You will be contacted by your Community Office for the dates preventative maintenance will take place in your area.
Sign up to receive voice message updates by registering for One Call Now. You will be informed of emergencies, notifications and other important messages that are related to your home. We also encourage you to opt in to begin receiving messages via text messaging. Simply text the word “Alert”, “A-L-E-R-T”, to 22300 in order to opt in or visit www.OneCallNow.com/TextAlerts.
ACS Exceptional Family Member Program is requesting all registered EFMs who require powered equipment as a life sustaining measure and live on post to please call EFMP at 301-677-5662.
Corvias Foundation, a private, charitable foundation and the charitable arm of Corvias, has been committed to supporting military families in the pursuit of higher education since 2006. This year, Corvias Foundation has awarded 20 educational grants totaling $100,000 to the spouses of active-duty service members. This year’s grant recipients represent 9 Army and Air Force installations across the United States. The names of the outstanding spouses who received the awards follow:
Fort Meade, Maryland
Klaudia Trennepohl is a freshman with plans to begin pursuing an Associate’s degree in Nursing from Anne Arundel Community College in the fall. She volunteers in her community through fundraising runs, volunteer service for the military community, and sews items for parents of pre-term babies at the local hospital. Her husband is Senior Airman Christopher James Trennepohl of the U.S. Air Force.
About Corvias Foundation
Corvias Foundation, the charitable arm of Corvias, is committed to inspiring students, college and university campuses, military families, and our employees to reach higher. Founded in 2006 as "Our Family for Families First Foundation," our work increases access to educational, internship, mentoring and volunteer opportunities so that those we touch are empowered to pursue their dreams and to make a greater impact in service to their communities and their nation. We strive to create ever-increasing opportunities by providing the resources and networks needed to help our scholars and partners surpass their goals. We achieve this through a commitment to education, community engagement and high-impact charitable giving. Online scholarship applications are available each November at www.corviasfoundation.org or call 401-228-2836 for more information.
How do you get rid of “energy vampires?” Unplug appliances that are not in use. Do not leave them in standby mode.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Find out about upcoming events by checking with the Fort Meade MWR site.
October 10th – Columbus Day – Community Office closed
October 14th – R&B Night
October 15th – New York City Trip
October 21st – Corvias Resident Bingo
October 22nd - Ghost, Ghouls and Goblins 5K Run and 1 Mile Fun Walk and Pet Costume Contest
October 27 – Right Arm Night
October 28 – Latin Night
October 31st – Halloween