- We Value your feedback
- Keep Resolutions on track
- Corvias Foundation Scholarship
- New Office Hours
- Snow removal
- Stay in the know
- Holiday Trash Disposal
- Holiday Decorations
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
Last month, families living on-post received a housing survey from SatisFacts to determine resident satisfaction. The data collected from this survey helps Corvias improve your experience living on-post.
The SatisFacts survey is for all types of residential management companies. Corvias Military Living has earned a superior rating from SatisFacts the past eight years and has also achieved the highest score for companies with at least 10,000 homes seven times.
Congratulations to our Fort Meade SatisFacts survey winners! All winners were chosen at random. The grand prize winner of a month of free rent for completing and returning the SatisFacts survey is CPT Vivian and Basil Yanquoi-West. Other winners of a $250 gift card per community are:
- Heritage Park – SPC Ralph and Mrs Jessica Page
- Meuse Forest – Mr Lee and Mrs Michelle Stagg
- Midway Common – SSG Jonathan and Mrs Lisa Duncan
- Normandy Bluffs – TSgt Andrew and Mrs Krystal Claremont
- Patriot Ridge – Mrs. Hjordis Jones
- Potomac Place – Mr Rosendo and Mrs. Sonia Aviles
We appreciate the valuable feedback! With your feedback, we will continue to provide the best homes, community, service and value to you. Thank you for allowing us to provide your family a home.
Setting a New Year’s resolution January 1 is easy, but sticking with it for the next 364 days can be tough. Service members and their families have a resource to help keep those resolutions going in 2016.
Military One Source, a one stop shop of information, resources and tools, provides assistance to help the military and family members in any aspect of life. The most popular areas include work-life balance, a healthier lifestyle and relationship improvement.
In addition to the information available Military One Source offers free and confidential non-medical counseling. For your convenience, counseling is available in person, online or by telephone. Counselors address everyday stressors, relationship concerns, deployment and reintegration, financial management and many other issues.
To learn more about the services offered by Military One Source go to: www.militaryonesource.mil or call (800) 342-9647.
Spread the word! Deadlines for the Corvias Foundation $50,000 Scholarships and $5,000 Educational Grants for children and spouses of active-duty service members are coming up soon. Applications for high school seniors are due February 11 and applications for spouses are due May 5. Applications available online at corviasfoundation.org.
Beginning the New Year, all community centers we will have new office hours. Our new office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm. Effective January 3rd, the community centers will be closed on Sundays. Residents can still access community center amenities such as the fitness center and laundry facilities by using your key fob.
This is a reminder that as we prepare for the upcoming winter season, Corvias provides snow removal within the housing area. Residents are responsible for snow and ice need removal from driveways, sidewalks and under carports. Please contact your community office if you have any questions.
When winter weather hits, you can find the Garrison’s operating status in the upper right hand corner of the Fort Meade website. For Fort Meade adverse weather status details, check here. Also, you can keep up-to-date on the Fort Meade Facebook page, on Twitter, by calling 677-MEAD (301-677-6323) and through text alert.
Follow us on Facebook for weather update and information. To be added to the text alert service, text “follow ftmeadealert” to 40404.
After the holidays, residents are often left with a lot of bulk trash and boxes. We have a convenient weekly bulk trash service available for residents. We ask that you break down all boxes, and place in front of your home on bulk trash day. There are two dates available for Christmas tree pickup. Residents may places Christmas trees in front of their homes on January 6th and January 11th for pickup. Please be sure to remove all inorganic decorations from the trees.
For normal bulk trash service, please follow the Monday and Friday schedule. Families that have a large amount of bulk items should contact their Community Office.
We hope that you enjoyed your holiday. As a reminder, all decorations should be removed from the exterior of the homes 15 days after the holiday. This provides everyone ample time to take down their decorations and store them. If you have any questions regarding the policy on decorations please refer to the Resident Responsibility Guide.
Replace the air filter in your home every 30 days. Air filters are available at your Community Office for no additional cost.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Upcoming events and important dates:
- January 1 – Happy New Year’s; offices are closed
- January 8 – Cooking Matters Commissary Tour & Challenge from 10am-2:30pm at the Commissary. Learn how to stretch your food budget and to make healthier choices. Open to all eligible patrons of the Commissary. To sign-up for the January 8 event, please visit: http://cmatscommissaryfm.eventbrite.com.
- January 9 – New Year, New You Aerobathon – 10am-1pm at Murphy Field House. This family friendly free event includes Boom Shake, Vinyasa Yoga, Zumba, Metabolic Effect, Spin, and BOOT CAMP classes.
- January 18- Martin Luther King Jr. Day; offices are closed
- January 23 – LTS’s New York City Trip
- Mission Slimpossible- Drop those holiday pounds with Mission Slimpossible, a free 8 week program designed to motivate, improve body composition and overall fitness. Registration will be held from January 2-10 at Gaffney Fitness Center or Murphy Field House. For more information on this program please call 301-677-7344.