- 7 summer safety tips
- NEW! Make your payments online 24/7
- $550,000 in scholarships awarded to military children by Corvias Foundation
- Reminder: Your opinion could be worth $1500
- Introducing: Your move-out made easy
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
Corvias Military Living takes the safety of our residents seriously. In conjunction with National Safety Month, we would like to offer seven helpful tips to keep you and your family safe.
- Sun Safety - Beginning the summer season with sunburn is no fun. To minimize your opportunity of becoming the sun’s next victory, come prepared with your SPF armor. You can also protect yourself by wearing protective clothing and a brimmed hat. Loading up on H20 is another way to stay cool and safe in the summer sun.
- Water Safety- Never leave children unattended near any water to include: filled-buckets, bathtubs, toilets, wading or swimming pools. Wading pools should be empty and properly stored when not in use. A child can drown in 1 inch of water. Parents should stay within an arm’s length of young swimmers. Consider CPR certification to better prepare yourself in the event of an emergency.
- Bike Safety- Always wear a properly fitted helmet when riding bikes, scooters or skateboards. Wear bright clothes and put reflectors on the bike so that you can be seen. Be sure to check bikes tires to ensure proper inflation. Young children should stick to sidewalks and paths when bike riding.
- Playground Safety- Encourage your child to use the playground equipment properly. To prevent injuries don’t allow pushing or rough playing when at the playground. Always check the playground equipment in the summertime-it can get very hot. If you notice any issues with neighborhood playground equipment, please contact your community office.
- Fire Prevention - All propane and charcoal grills are only permitted to be used outdoors and the Fire Department recommends grills be placed 25 feet from your home and are not to be used underneath an overhang. Allow coals to cool before properly disposing. Never store propane gas cylinders in buildings or garages.
- Window Safety- Window safety- While enjoying fresh air in the warmer weather, remember that open windows pose a great fall risk to children. Window screens are designed to keep insects out, not to stop a child from falling. Moving furniture away from windows and properly supervising children greatly reduces risk.
- Speed limits - Please be mindful of speed limits as children may be playing outdoors or neighbors on walks, riding bikes, etc.
We are excited to announce big changes are happening with payment options for residents at Corvias Military Living. You now have online and mobile rent payment options. This will save you time in your day and allow you to pay your rent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort of your own home. If you are already set up with an allotment of your BAH going towards your home each month, this will not apply to you. However, it may apply in the event you need to pay a prorated amount for rent upon move-in or when you move-out and wish to pay an outstanding balance. Click here to learn how to begin using the portal and for a summary of your payment method options.
Corvias Foundation, a private, charitable foundation and the charitable arm of Corvias Group, has been committed to supporting military families in the pursuit of higher education since 2006. This year, Corvias Foundation has awarded 11 college scholarships of up to $50,000 to outstanding high school students, marking the 10th class of scholarship recipients. Chrissandra Jackson, representing Aberdeen Proving Ground, was among this year’s scholars.
Sarah Nakasone will graduate from The Catholic High School of Baltimore and has participated in Speech and Debate Team, Quiz Bowl and has been active in her community. Nakasone will attend the University of Chicago to pursue a degree in biology with a concentration in epidemics. Her father is Maj. Gen. Paul Nakasone of the United States Army Cyber National Mission Force.
Don’t forget to complete the Resident Satisfaction Survey! The HQDA RCI (Residential Communities Initiatives) is conducting the survey via e-mail until June 7th at all Corvias Military Living Army locations. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. All residents who complete the survey will be entered to win one grand prize of $1,500 and a $250 prize per community! Please click here to read the attached memo from Lieutenant General, David D. Halverson, IMCOM Commander and GS Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management. If you have not received your survey or have trouble completing it, please e-mail ArmyHousingSurvey@celassociates.com.
Moving can be stressful, so we are thrilled to provide you more flexibility and convenience during the initial move out process to make it a little easier. In lieu of your pre-move out inspection, we encourage you to attend one of our new move out information sessions. These sessions will answer your questions and provide you with detailed information as well as a check list for the move out process. Contact your community office to find out the dates and times of the next move out information session. We wish we did not have to say bye, but we hope to see you there!
Keep curtains and shades closed to help keep sunlight out. The sun can increase the temperature in a room by several degrees. Utilize ceiling or portable fans which can reduce energy use by about 25%. Fans can make the temperature seem 10 degrees cooler.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Upcoming events and important dates
- June 7: Army Survey deadline! Ensure you take your survey for a chance to win $ 1,500!
- June 10: Farmers Market Begins – Fort Meade Pavilion 1000-1400
- June 13: New York City Day Trip; Leisure Travel Services
- June 13: Summer Sizzler 5K Run & One Mile Walk; 0800 Meade Pavilion
- June 14: Army Birthday
- June 21: Father’s Day; First Day of Summer