Fort Meade


Our neighborhood management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process can be stressful, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it!

I have my orders...

I have received orders to Fort Meade. When can I apply for on-post housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received orders to Fort Meade.

I will be relocating to Fort Meade in 8 months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary depending on floor plan. Please contact the Fort Meade Leasing and Relocation Center for specific wait times. Please view the online housing options as you approach your PCS date.

How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our website at Please note that your online housing application will be reviewed by our relocation staff and placed in a pending arrival status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of relocation specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements and supporting documents to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Fort Meade.

Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's special power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Leasing and Relocation Center.

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, and accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Meade, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

  • Army – DD 1172
  • Navy – Page 2
  • Air Force – Orders or DD 1172
  • Marine Corp – DD 1751
  • Coast Guard – CG 4170

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move.

I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Meade. The BAH will be taken from the senior ranking service member at the Fort Meade with-dependent BAH rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, Fort Meade is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit. Exotic pets, such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds, including full or mixed-breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, and wolf hybrids are prohibited from Fort Meade family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing and Relocation Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

No, not all homes come equipped with a fence. Residents that would like to self-install fencing at their own expense, must receive approval from the neighborhood manager before erecting a fence. All fences installed must meet the material specifications supplied by Corvias. For more information, please contact your neighborhood office.

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing and Relocation Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

What is the rank structure for Fort Meade housing?

For on-post housing purposes: The ranks E-1 to E-5 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E-6 to E-8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E-9 receives independent rank classification for housing but can also be housed in areas accepting Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officers, O1 to O-3, and WO1 to CW2 are Company Grade Officers (CGO). CW3, O4 and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO). CW5 and O-6 are Senior Grade Officers (SGO).

Is there a wait list for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias does not have a wait list specifically for newly constructed housing. While we do have new housing available for some rank bands, our wait list operates on the basis of first available homes. Usually, the majority of our newly constructed homes are used for relocation of families displaced by renovations on post.

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for Privatized Family Housing at Fort Meade if you are an active duty service member assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Meade, an active duty military retiree, Fort Meade/NSA contractor or a federal employee. Service members are eligible to be placed on the wait list once your orders to Fort Meade or other duty station within 50 miles have been received. Applications can be submitted through the website or in person by visiting the Leasing and Relocation Center at Fort Meade. After you complete the housing application and submit all required documentation, you can then be placed on the appropriate list.

What determines my placement on the wait list?

Your placement on the wait list is based on your eligibility date. The eligibility date is typically determined by your PCS date from your last duty station or your date of application. If you are newly married, your date will be the day you were married. You must apply within 30 days of arrival otherwise your eligibility date will be the date of your application. There are some situations that may alter your date, so please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center to see if this applies to you.

What documents are required to be placed on the wait list?

For active duty personnel to be placed on the housing wait list, you will need to provide a completed application, a copy of your most current orders, your dependent documentation and most recent EOM LES. Before you are able to sign for a home, you will need to provide your DA-31 or equivalent leave form (i.e. out-processing checklist, stamped orders, etc).

What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change. However, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or neighborhood is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

What determines the list I am placed on?

Your rank and number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed. The rank bands are as follows: JNCO: E-1 to E-5; SNCO: E-6 to E-8; CSM/SM: E-9; CGO: O1/O1E to O3/CW2; FGO: CW3 to O5; SGO: CW5 to O9.

How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Service members can apply for housing once they have received orders for Fort Meade or other duty station within 50 miles. For service members who are new to the Army, married, and have received orders to Fort Meade as their first duty station, the eligibility date for housing is the Military Entrance Processing Date. For service members who were single upon entering any branch of the military and married after initial enlistment, the eligibility date for housing is the Date of Marriage.

My family was assigned to a four-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for 4 four-bedroom housing at Fort Meade?

At Fort Meade, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing.

Will Army families be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require the family to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. Currently this program is active for 500 newly constructed homes in Potomac Place, Meuse Forest, and Heritage Park. Families living in these designated homes are only required to pay the difference of the utility costs if they exceed more than 5% above the real monthly average utility usage for "like" homes in their neighborhood. If the family uses less energy (electricity and gas) than the average, they will receive a refund or credit. More information and FAQs are provided at the Leasing and Relocation Center.

What amenities are included with the home? (i.e. appliances, etc.)

Fort Meade homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, and snow removal services.

Are Fort Meade houses furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

I have my orders and I have special circumstances...

I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.

I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Meade housing wait lists.

I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Resident Relations Manager. Once you have completed the application, you may reach the Resident Relations Manager at 410-305-1070.

I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

Fort Meade Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

I've completed my application...

How can I check my current position on the wait list?

Please contact the leasing office at (410) 305-1258 to check your position on the wait list.

May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time?

Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time.

Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application except under certain circumstances, such as (1) a change in rank or (2) a change in family composition.

What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date-of-rank is the same, date-of-entry into service will be used.

What does it mean if I get bumped on the wait list?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the wait list. Only the top 10% of every wait list is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped. If a large number of service members arrive or return from deployment, your estimated wait time could change. Service members returning from deployment have priority.

What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing.

I'm getting ready to move on post...

Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Fort Meade is available through Fort Meade Army Lodging, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing. You can also check with the RCI office at 301-677-7748.

Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Leasing and Relocation Center before we offer that home to the next service member on the wait list. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advance notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Leasing and Relocation Center know, so arrangements can be made.

Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary inter-post move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary inter-post move.

I'm a current resident...

My family has been living in our Fort Meade home for three years and we are ready to move. Can we apply for another wait list?

Once the family is housed, the service member cannot apply for another wait list unless one of the following occurs: a change in rank band structure, a change in family composition, or fulfils their one year lease term. (Please see your Community Office for further details and requirements.)

How long do I have to wait for an intra-post move?

Wait times for intra-post (IP) moves are not given. All incoming service members are housed first. When a home is available it will be offered to the first person on the IP move list. You must have at least 6 months remaining at Fort Meade to be offered a move.

My mother is coming to live with me. Am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

I'm moving out...

I am PCSing from my Corvias location. Where can I find more information on privatized housing?

For more information, visit the official site of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI) Partners:

Federal Employees, Active Duty Retirees, DOD employees, Fort Meade/NSA contractors

[+] Will federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors receive priority for homes?

Although federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors are now eligible for some Fort Meade housing based on available inventory, the first priority for on-post housing remains to provide homes to active-duty military personnel and their families.

[+] What homes are being offered to federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors?

Currently, some two, three and four-bedroom home types in the Potomac Place/Patriot Ridge, Midway Common, Meuse Forest and Normandy Bluffs communities are available to federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractor. Communities and home types may change at any time based on inventory.

[+] How much will the homes cost?

Prices may vary for home types based on floor plan features and availability. Please contact the Leasing and Relocation Center for current pricing.

[+] How is the rent determined for these homes?

A market rent is established based on the rental rates for similar homes, townhomes, and apartments in the surrounding off-post communities. The market rates for these homes will also consider the additional benefits of living on post, such as average use of utilities, lawn care, 24-hour maintenance and other amenities.

[+] Will federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors pay less than active-duty service members for their homes?

All homes on Fort Meade are assigned a designated "rank band" corresponding to the range of active-duty military pay grades eligible to live in the homes. The eligible rank bands for these additional groups are the following: Junior Enlisted (E1-E5), Senior NCO (E6-E8), Company Grade (WO1-O3). Market rents established for these on-post homes will not be lower than the with-dependents BAH rate for the lowest military pay grade within the assigned rank band.

[+] What are the benefits of moving on post?

Corvias Military Living provides great amenities such as 24-hour emergency maintenance, lawn care, pest control and trash pick-up. Residents enjoy the use of 4 community centers that feature resort style swimming pools, fitness centers with attached playrooms, multi-purpose rooms, and club rooms. All homes also include utilities under the Live Army Green program. Additionally, federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors will enjoy the close proximity to work and the opportunity to send their children to the schools on post. Retirees will have easier access to resources they utilize such as the Commissary, PX, and Kimbrough Ambulatory Center.

[+] How is eligibility for post housing determined?

Federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors who meet the income qualifications, credit requirements and acceptable rental history may apply for post housing.

[+] What documents are required to be placed on the housing list?

Federal employees, active duty retirees, DOD employees, and Fort Meade/NSA contractors will need to provide the following along with a $25 non-refundable application fee* per adult (18 years or older) that will be on the lease:

Federal Employees

  • Official Offer letter (if starting a new job, must report to work at least one full day at job before move in can occur)
  • 3 most recent paystubs (from current job)

Active Duty Retirees

  • Copy of DD214-4 with "Reason for Separation" stated
  • Proof of Income (which may include)
    • 3 most recent retiree paystubs
    • VA approval letter
    • Social Security Letter
    • Official offer letter (if starting a new job)
    • 3 most recent paystubs (from current job)

DOD Employees

  • Official Offer letter (if starting a new job)
  • 3 most recent paystubs (from current job)

Fort Meade/NSA Contractors

  • Have to work at Fort Meade or NSA(verified by CAC card or Fort Meade Badge)
  • Be on a permanent position at Fort Meade or NSA
    • Require letter from employer stating position, what Command is supported by your organization, and the dates of employment
  • Along with above items, you will also need to provide
    • Official offer letter (if starting a new job)
    • 3 most recent paystubs (from current job)